Did you know that Long Beach was not officially a city until 1888, or that the seaside city has an average of 345 days of sunshine each year? Located on the Pacific coast in Southern California, Long Beach is the 7th largest city in the state, attracting more than 5 million tourists each year. Interested in learning more? Check out these fun trivia facts about Long Beach.
- Long Beach has been named one of the top cities for young people to live. In fact, 17% of its residents are between the ages of 25 and 34.
- The city has a total population of 490,166, spanning over 50 square miles.
- Long Beach features more than 40 popular attractions that both tourists and locals alike enjoy.
- In April of each year, more than 180,000 racing fans watch the Toyota Grand Prix in Long Beach, an open-wheel race held on a street circuit.
- Long Beach is home to the iconic Queen Mary, a 1939 ocean liner that now hosts a floating hotel.
- The Aquarium of the Pacifics, located in the city, sees more than one million visitors each year.
- Recreational facilities in Long Beach include 152 parks, 25 community centers, 5 golf courses, 3 marinas, and over six miles of beaches.
- The Port of Long Beach is one of the largest seaports in the world.
- Long Beach is the hometown of many well-known celebs, such as Ashley Benson, Nicolas Cage, Bo Derek, and Snoop Dogg.
Think you’ve mastered your Long Beach trivia? Go to one of many venues in the Long Beach area that host trivia nights and test your knowledge.
Head to East Anaheim Street and there you’ll find Alex’s Bar, a high-energy punk rock bar that features live music, ghoulish décor, and tons of entertaining events. Several times a month, Alex’s hosts “Brain Party Trivia”, often with different themes like “Game of Thrones Edition” or “Jurassic Park”.
Gallagher’s Pub & Grill
Looking for some trivia to fill your slow Wednesday nights? Gallagher’s Pub & Grill on East Broadway hosts Gallagher’s Trivia Pub Quiz each week at 8 PM. It costs just $5 per person to participate in the 7 rounds of 7 question game featuring various trivia.
DiPiazza on East Pacific Coast Highway in Long Beach is the place to be for great food, socialization, live music, and of course, trivia. The combination restaurant, lounge, and nightclub is family-owned and offers the best in authentic Italian cuisine. On Tuesday nights, guests can also engage in a little trivia play.
The Auld Dubliner
The Auld Dubliner, located on Pine Ave, hosts their weekly trivia nights on Mondays. Teams can include up to six people, and the game features tons of fun, yet challenging, trivia that will test your knowledge of random facts.
Congregation Ale House
On East Broadway, the Congregation Ale House is bustling with trivia and beer lovers every Sunday evening. Game time begins at 3 PM sharp, and participating is a cinch. Just assemble your team, obtain answer sheets from the quizmaster, grab a beer and bite to eat, and start playing. If fun trivia is your thing, head to one of these Long Beach venues and enjoy a night of random trivia questions about movies, television, geography, sports, and anything and everything.